Go on a field trip and document your chosen Environment. Use what you learned in A1 and A2 to tell a “design story”* about your experience with an environment in one of the following:
http://www.carnegiemuseums.org/ (pick one Museum of Art, Museum of Natural History, Science Center, Warhol Museum).
*Design stories have two parts: how the world is based on your analysis and how you think the world aught to be based on your proposal. Weeks 1-5.
Make sure to visit the physical place you chose to study. What web presence do they have? Is there an app for mobile devices? How are the physical and digital environments connected?
(1) Photographic/video documentation, sketches, presentation, online
(2) process documentation.
(3) Proof of iterative development of ideas.
(4) Proof of physical site visits.
(5) Documentation of online site of analysis.
(a) 200×200 pixel thumbnail for project with 35 word description (e.g., one sentence).
(b) Link to process work. Documented real in-progress process (not process fictions). Document and reflect on your design process as you work.
(c) Self-reflection questions at end of assignment.
(d) Submit final files to Box folder.
(e) Intranet submission: All projects are required to be uploaded to the CMU Design intranet, complete with imagery, descriptions, and links as appropriate. This is a requirement for all projects, so make sure you know how to log in, have the correct password, etc.
Studio A3. Environments Experience Design Story 10%
• Did the student visit and appropriately document the site visited?
• Did the student show regular progress in design critiques (e.g., work steadily on the assignment, not procrastinate until the deadline).
• Are the physical, digital, and hybrid environment components documented online?
• Are is the process work documented online visually and the process work explained?
• Is there tangible evidence of exploration multiple versions, iterations, documented site visits (e.g., multiple types of sketches, photographs, annotations, etc)
• Were the final files submitted?